Wednesday, January 7, 2009

took the midnight train

somehow i went to bed at 11:30 last night. maybe my first day back at 4 hours of class tired me out, i dunno. but i was chatting online and my eyes just kept closing, so i went to bed.

a couple of things. it's still dreary out which has fueled my inner soup maker. the other day it was lentils, yesterday it was chicken noodle soup. it's my favorite soup to make, other than marilyn's white bean chili, because it's so easy and it's so tasty. and there's lots of chopping involved. i love chopping.
2 carrots, 2 celery stalks, half an onion, chicken stock and chicken, whatever kind of noodles you have laying around. could it be easier?

both of my tuesday classes rejoiced when i walked in the door, which felt good. when i asked if they liked their subs, they said 'so/so'. the first class has a demo in 2 weeks and theyre nowhere near ready, although my coteacher seems to think they're just fine. so i'm kind of worrried about that, but there's not much i can do about it.
class #2 is one of my favorites. lisa is my favorite of the favorites and she just kept saying my name over and over in class. i think she was happy i was back. after class, as i was getting paid, 2 of the girls came up to me and asked where i was from. i said 'texas' and they said 'sexy?' and then broke up into giggles and went to tell everyone they could find that i was from sexy. silly!

i'm going to be late for chinese.

No comments: