Friday, September 19, 2008

angel hour

so today, i'm waiting for the bus, and this man is kind of peeking at me every once in a while while we're sitting there. finally, he comes over to me and says hello and he starts telling me that he's a building architect and he lives nearby. then he starts saying how he wants me to help him find this guy at AIT's contact info. i'm pretty confused, but i'm trying to understand him. so then the bus comes, we get on, and we sit down next to each other.

over the course of the 20 minute bus ride, he explains that he studied at a technical institute for college and in the last 3 years, he's invented this thing he's calling the 'perpetual wheel' which is a wheel that doesn't require any energy to spin. so he thinks he could basically solve the whole energy crisis, but he doesn't have a computer/doesn't know how to use one, but he saw this ad in the paper for the American Institute of Technology, and he wants to write a letter to president of AIT, named Steven (he doesn't know his last name). he doesn't know any foreigners, so he figured that seeing me at the bus stop was a sign and he thinks i can help him.

so the man on the bus gave me his address (written in chinese), and now i'm supposed to find this guy Steven's contact info and mail it to the man so he can mail his idea to steven.
it's convoluted, but i'm going to help him.


day 2 of the wound. it pretty much feels like it looks.
tonight, ala dad, i told my class that i was swimming in the ocean this weekend and i thought i saw something moving, so i looked behind me and there was a shark. i started swimming faster and faster but i couldn't get away, and it bit my leg. the entire class was screaming and freaking out. it was hilarious.
then after class, as i was collecting my money, one of my little girls told the woman at the front desk about my shark attack and i showed the office ladies and they all looked at it in horror.
when we were little and my dad would get a cut on his head or some injury, he would tell us that "the doorbell rang, and there were threeeeee ninjas. i karate chopped the first one, i punched the second one, but the third one sliced my forehead before i could get to him." i've probably heard that, more or less word for word, at least 20 times in my life.

those are the highlights of my day. tomorrow i have 3 classes and i'm going to have someone else try to start my scooter and determine whether it's operator error or if the thing is legitimately broken. stay tuned.

2 comments:

Its_Lily said...

Megan, I'm laughing so hard I have tears. I love you!! Our family motto is, "never the let the truth stand in the way of a good story" and this sooo fits you right now. I love the shark story!

Anonymous said...

awww...your poor little leg. you should get head-to-toe gear like my dad. hah! but really, don't let that thing get infected. =\ miss you, buddy! having lunch with moms today.